Our commitment to DE&I
Building a culture of belonging
Here’s how we’re working to promote fair and equitable hiring, a people-first culture and diverse perspectives in our product, our culture and our community.
Unlocking human potential
We believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we have. Building a culture of belonging that puts people first – where every person is supported to bring their most authentic self to work – is how we unlock it and enable our people to do the best work of their life.
Our commitment to fair and equitable hiring
At Greenhouse, our commitment to DE&I and building belonging is at the center of everything we do. It’s how we fulfill our mission to make every company great at hiring. It’s how we create an inclusive and equitable culture at our own company. And it’s how we contribute to the kind of world we want to live in.
We’re creating tools that help build inclusive companies
Helping companies reduce bias within their hiring process is integral to unlocking the potential of people and companies. Thousands of companies make hiring decisions using Greenhouse every day – that’s why building DE&I into our product as a foundation, not a feature, has been our priority from day one.
Tips for staying inclusive when using Auto-Advance
Learn how to mitigate the unbalanced impact that automated tools can have on people of color and other underrepresented groups.
Diversity, equity and inclusion solutions
Greenhouse DE&I features are designed to mitigate unconscious bias and ensure candidates are evaluated fairly throughout every stage of the hiring process so you can make objective hiring decisions. That’s how you build more diverse teams and a more inclusive workplace.
Candidate Name Pronunciation feature
Correctly pronouncing candidates’ names isn’t just common courtesy, it’s a crucial behavior for achieving true workplace inclusivity.
How a diversity of experience created Greenhouse Inclusion
Meet the team that helped develop the industry’s first holistic tech solution to help companies scale inclusive practices through every aspect of the hiring process.
We’re creating a people-first culture
We’re committed to building a workplace where everyone feels that their voice is heard, their ideas are valid and their whole self is valued. When someone is free to be their most authentic self and fully engage with their work, anything is possible.
Patty McCord, former Chief Talent Officer at Netflix, discusses the differences in compensation for…
Candice Morgan is the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Partner at Google Ventures and former Head of…
Greenhouse enables me to do my best work. I have freedom to be creative, but there is sufficient structure to ensure my creativity is tracking in a direction aligned with the organizations goals.”
At Greenhouse, I can truly be my authentic self with the whole company and not feel judged – even when I color my hair bright purple, I always feel accepted!”
Greenhouse supports the wearing of sequins in broad daylight – that’s one of the reasons I love working here.”
We’re putting our beliefs into practice
At Greenhouse, we’ve made a commitment to advocate for positive change wherever we can. That means creating a Greenhouse DE&I Council and holding ourselves accountable for progress within our company. It also means supporting initiatives that build belonging and champion a people-first approach to hiring within our greater community.
Unlocking human potential at work
Building belonging is the key to unlocking human potential at work. Greenhouse Co-founder and CEO Daniel Chait explains why.
Our DE&I journey of building belonging
Greenhouse Director of DE&I Jamie Adasi takes a look at how we’re doing when it comes to our own DE&I goals.
DE&I in hiring podcast
In this podcast series, you’ll hear from Greenhouse Co-founder and CEO Daniel Chait and a lineup of industry leaders as they share insights about DE&I in hiring and how to build more inclusive workplaces.
Tech for Black Founders
Today, only 1% of founders backed by venture capital in the United States are Black. We joined Tech for Black Founders to help change that.
We’re committed to sharing what we learn
To succeed in creating a sense of belonging and building a people-first culture, there needs to be a company-wide commitment to keep learning, practicing and sharing. We believe in the importance of amplifying the voices of DE&I experts and sharing what we learn with our customers and community of hiring practitioners.
Create a more fair and equitable hiring process
Get measurably better at hiring by making your process more rigorous, strategic and inclusive.
- Is lack of diversity really a pipeline problem? – While working to close gaps in the educational pipeline is critically important, it’s only part of the equation
- Committing to diversity in recruiting – The increased need for your organization to ensure a fair and objective process is critical to how your organization is perceived and your ability to hire top talent in a competitive market
- Inclusive hiring for everyone at your company – Practical advice to help bring your DE&I recruiting and onboarding efforts to life
- Creating a people-first hiring strategy – Learn how your business can become a talent powerhouse by fostering a culture and values that put people first.
See DE&I in action
How companies are working to promote DE&I.
- Custom demographic reporting at DonorsChoose – The driving force of this crowdfunding pioneer is educational equity
- Prioritizing DE&I goals at Classy – With a mission to mobilize and empower the world for good, Classy is also turning the lens inward and prioritizing some impressive internal diversity, equity and inclusion goals
Learn from DE&I experts
Tap into the talent and experience of DE&I experts in our hiring community.
- How to avoid inadvertent age bias in your recruiting and hiring – Recruiting and hiring practices that favor younger workers can get you in trouble
- Creating a DE&I action plan – Helpful tips from the New York Times, Affirm, Hired and Greenhouse
- Taking action against injustice – How to support employees in the powerful movement against racism and social injustice