2 mins, 10 secs read time
Today I’m excited to announce the next phase in the evolution of Greenhouse Onboarding: a suite of new features to help companies build a unique new hire experience, beginning the moment an offer is extended.
Greenhouse’s philosophy is companies win when they invest in people. First, we focused on building the best tool for recruiting and hiring candidates. As the competition for top talent intensified, we built a CRM to provide the same value on the sourcing and prospecting side of talent acquisition. Recent updates to Greenhouse Onboarding close the loop by helping companies get even more strategic and focused in the way they introduce new employees to the team.
All too often, the excitement of bringing a new hire on board gets lost in a confusing and inconsistent onboarding experience. Onboarding is traditionally paperwork heavy, with little focus on effectively integrating new employees into the company culture and setting them up for success. The reality is, the traditional approach doesn’t work. By neglecting the onboarding process, companies run the risk of losing their investment in finding the perfect new hire-- in fact, companies lose about 17% of new hires during the first three months of employment. These first 90 days on the job are critical for inspiring confidence in your new team members that they made the right decision to join your company.
Paired with Greenhouse Recruiting, Greenhouse Onboarding aims to flip the script by automating administrative tasks so you can focus on building long-lasting working relationships with new employees. The new updates we’re announcing include:
- A structured framework for an onboarding plan so that each person involved in the onboarding process knows their role and responsibilities.
- Automated tasks to help you execute your onboarding plan and stay on track through reminders and notifications.
- Redesigned personalized welcome experience that showcases your company culture and helps new hires get familiar with your community before their start date.
- Pulling reports to understand where your new hires are in the onboarding process and what outstanding tasks need to be completed
- Collecting feedback throughout the onboarding cycle, so you can easily and immediately identify any gaps and learn how to improve your onboarding process over time.
The result? Your internal teams are mobilized to provide the best possible onboarding experience, and new hires are ready and excited for day one.
We created Greenhouse Onboarding to help you make your best first impression as a company, one that is authentic and stays true to your brand’s values. I’m excited for this next iteration of the product, and can’t wait for you to experience it.
Learn more about Greenhouse Onboarding.