3 mins, 16 secs read time
The way we work is changing rapidly.
And we know that the most valuable conferences deliver information and tools that help attendees keep pace with these changes To deliver that value at OPEN, we’re not just showcasing current best practices. We’re bringing together pioneers who are creating the new rules for how companies win at hiring.
And, we’re making sure the whole conference is super interactive so you’ll get a chance to engage with your peers on how to implement new ideas in your organization.
We’ve been working hard with leaders from companies like HR Open Source, Paradigm, Whole Foods and Airbnb to create highly interactive and informative sessions for the 1,000+ talent pros joining us in April.
I’m excited to share a sneak peek below at a few of the most anticipated sessions you can expect to see this year.
Quick reminder that ticket prices go up on February 1 - act fast to save $600 on the full ticket price. (Also - the next 100 people to sign up will get a free copy of Patty McCord’s new book, Powerful: Build a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility.)
OPEN Session Spotlight
1. Consciously Combating Bias: An Immersive Workshop
Presented by: Paradigm | April 2 | 1-5 PM
- This half-day immersive workshop will help you build the foundation for understanding and combating bias in your organization. Together with social scientists and inclusion experts, you’ll begin to outline a clear strategy for mitigating bias in your organization using strategies grounded in quantitative and qualitative data and thoughtful research. Walk away with clear tactics and tools to integrate into your organizational systems and processes, ultimately producing more objective decisions and a more diverse and inclusive organizational culture.
What you’ll get out of the half-day workshop:
- A deeper understanding of the impact of unconscious bias on decision making
- Actionable tactics to bring back to your organization
- Peer-to-peer challenges that explore real-world scenarios
- SHRM and HRCI recertification credits
2. The Role of Today’s Chief People Officer
Hosted by: Lars Schmidt (HR Open Source)
- The role of HR has changed - a lot. HR leaders now have to be savvy in PR, Data, Culture, and so much more. In this panel, you will hear from global leaders who are pioneering what it means to be a Chief People Officer today and tomorrow.
3. Hiring & Managing the Emerging Workforce
Featuring: Dan Schawbel, Sjoerd Gehring (Johnson & Johnson), Derek Baltuskonis (Intuit), Ilona Jurkiewicz (Thomson Reuters)
- Gen Z's are entering the workforce and Millennials are rising up to leadership positions. These two demographics now comprise more than half the American workforce - and growing! In this panel, learn the benefits professionals in the emerging workforce covet the most, how to create a compelling candidate experience for them, and the best ways to successfully engage with them.
4. From Ops to Optimization: Pioneering Tech and Innovation in Talent
Featuring: Kumud Kokal (Airbnb), Neil Frye (Dropbox)
- To lead the HR industry, companies have to know how best to optimize their operations, technology, and processes. Winning companies are modernizing Talent Operations and turning their practitioners into true talent scouts. See how the leaders are forging new paths at the intersection of Ops, Tech and Optimization. Then sit down for a Roundtable discussion with your peers to see how you can take your operations to the next level.
5. Source-A-Thon: Intelligent & Creative Sourcing
Hosted by: Greenhouse People Team
- If you're only interviewing people from your website you're missing out on a huge portion of talent. Cold outreach remains one of the best ways to find that special talent. If you’re looking to take your messages to the next level, or just getting started, attend this interactive, competition-driven session to gain hands-on experience with creative sourcing messaging and strategy.
Head to GreenhouseOPEN.com to check out the full line-up of sessions.
OPEN is tracking to sell out early, so I encourage you to reserve your spot at the discounted January rate before prices go up.
Hope to see you in April!